Tips for Video Compression & Optimization
Ingage Presentations and Ingage Presentations for Desktop supports video in various container formats like .mp4, .m4v and .mov files.
When working with videos, it’s good to remember that they can quickly make your presentation to grow larger in size, so it’s a good practice to optimize videos before adding them to your presentation.
One free tool that can be used to optimize videos called "HandBrake”. This tool available as a download for both Mac OS and Windows operating systems at
Compressing Video Files with HandBrake:
- Drag your video assets onto the HandBrake interface, or click the "Open Source" button to select a video file on your computer.
- Click the "Preset" dropdown to select a preset.
- We recommend Fast 1080p30 setting in the general section.
- Under "Format", make sure that MP4 File is selected and that 'Web Optimized' and 'Align A/V Start' are checked.
- To encode your video click the Start button.